Solo Server by Karsa Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Class/Wizard

5 posters

Go down

Class/Wizard Empty Class/Wizard

Post by Koloxos Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:48 am

Heya,
just for fun i made a wizard and did level 70 + 2.0 for him also he has kael and bloodfield gear.
So he is kinda nice geared.
But the dps is really low compared to my warrior.
I think this class need to be rebalanced compared to other pure damage classes.
Some of the spells has way to high casting time for the damage output.
So if some of the gm has time in near future they should look more into caster classes.

-Koloxos

Koloxos

Back to top Go down

Class/Wizard Empty Re: Class/Wizard

Post by borcha Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:52 pm

i started a wizard as first char but a little worried about its viability, so going to change atleast for now until i see whats up & focus effects n such.

borcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantyhose Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:17 pm

Haven't had much luck with a Wizard...MQ2 crashes on my only on wizzy. Runs fine without, though :0 *weird*

Pantyhose

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Cylex Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:16 am

Last night I made changes to wizard, druid, shaman, necro, and even a couple of cleric spells, lvl 66 to 70, that will make things much better for them. Of coarse this will require a spell file update. Enjoy!

Admin Cylex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacken Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:53 pm

I have not level'd my wizard to 70 yet but, Every single mob in Time/Tacvi (exception of boss here) Are resistant to every nuke except for lure of ro. Is there a way we could get manaburn alter'd similar to trueshot for a ranger? Or up the spell check on the 65 nukes.

Slacken

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Cylex Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:32 pm

I could probably do that, but at some point it would be equal to me just giving out levels. I wouldn't mind some suggestions on specific lvl 65 to 69 spells that might help.

Admin Cylex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacken Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks for the quick reply, getting a resist check boost to the 65 fire nuke (Ancient:Strike of chaos) & the 65 Magic nuke (Shock of magic) alone would make the wizard viable pre 70. A decrease on the manaburn timer would be fun though Smile. Also I have not found a spell dmg foci that works, is this intentional for balance? Great work on the server guys!

Slacken

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Cylex Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:14 pm

The item spell focus effects are a larger problem. It is directly an issue with the EQEmu code, and not a db issue. Many people have worked on this issue I'm sure, and no one has posted a fix.

That, however, does not mean a fix is not out there, just that people aren't willing to share it. This seems to me a very petty thing to do, but when you're dealing with coders... what can you do?

Admin Cylex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Cylex Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Also, I have adjusted the 2 lvl 65 spells, and lvl 70 Core Fire, to be less resistable. This will require a new spell file download once Karsa posts it, and a restart.

Admin Cylex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum