Solo Server by Karsa Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GM Events ISO Player Input!!!

+7
clarky2010
Koloxos
Gepo
Carbide
TDanger84
petwaitress
Admin Ivar
11 posters

Go down

GM Events ISO Player Input!!! Empty GM Events ISO Player Input!!!

Post by Admin Ivar Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:52 pm

Hey all thanks for reading, I'm looking for the player population's input on GM Event themes and rewards. I broadcasted a few different days and haven't gotten much interest so I figured one post on here people can read and view at their leisure. Anyhow, just post up and lemme know what you think or I'll just start doing more my own way and people can join in if they like. -Ivar pirat

Admin Ivar
Admin

https://asoloserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

GM Events ISO Player Input!!! Empty Re: GM Events ISO Player Input!!!

Post by petwaitress Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:38 pm

love gm events!!! I just work alot... geek that I am I won a storytelling contest once on live

-Asus

petwaitress

Back to top Go down

Post by TDanger84 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:31 pm

i like the idea of temporary quests as event, maybe make a special quest npc that lasts for 1 week and involves gathering materials to combine in some way to make some good gear. I'd say maybe a good chest piece so people will stop running around bare-chested(unless that was your intent=p).
Another reward could be letting players choose special titles.

TDanger84

Back to top Go down

Post by petwaitress Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:07 pm

TDanger84 wrote:i like the idea of temporary quests as event, maybe make a special quest npc that lasts for 1 week and involves gathering materials to combine in some way to make some good gear. I'd say maybe a good chest piece so people will stop running around bare-chested(unless that was your intent=p).

yeah no kidding whats up with chests being so rare? lol

petwaitress

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Ivar Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:13 am

petwaitress wrote:
TDanger84 wrote:i like the idea of temporary quests as event, maybe make a special quest npc that lasts for 1 week and involves gathering materials to combine in some way to make some good gear. I'd say maybe a good chest piece so people will stop running around bare-chested(unless that was your intent=p).

yeah no kidding whats up with chests being so rare? lol
Haha true chests are a bit 'rare' but being given 7 out of the 8 pieces of elemental right off the bat w/ level 65 isn't too shabby either, we could take those away and make all gear 'rare' =) But we won't , enjoy hunting for chests and jewelry right away as it's all you really need. Haha.

Admin Ivar
Admin

https://asoloserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carbide Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:52 pm

to be honest, most can just skip time and tacvi, get the kael armor easy enough and then go back to either of those zones for filler items.

Carbide

Back to top Go down

Post by Gepo Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:46 am

Bump it would be cool if we could get a gm event type npc that stays up for a few days with a few.custom items super hard to get n make it once event is over u can't get said item again would be something cool to have on server give ppl something different todo maybe have it zone u into mpg trials n u gotta do a boss event or something cool like that

Gepo

Back to top Go down

Post by Koloxos Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:13 am

Admin Ivar wrote:Hey all thanks for reading,  I'm looking for the player population's input on GM Event themes and rewards.  I broadcasted a few different days and haven't gotten much interest so I figured one post on here people can read and view at their leisure. Anyhow, just post up and lemme know what you think or I'll just start doing more my own way and people can join in if they like. -Ivar  pirat

I never seen any gm broadcasted when iam online.
Ofcourse this is because iam playing on europe time.

Smile

Koloxos

Back to top Go down

Post by clarky2010 Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:07 pm

im the same koloxos, Europe time, England here, so dought ill see any gm events

clarky2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Karsa Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:57 pm

Cy is trying hard to catch everyone. This was Ivar's thing, but Cy is taking up the slack even though he has a full plate tuning content. I will also fill in some and make new content introduction into something of a GM event when I can. Those who left corpses in Iceclad today giving Lodi a shot can attest to my sick sense of what a GM event should be though.

Admin Karsa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gepo Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:12 am

Amazing there all mine haha

Gepo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Cylex Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:13 pm

I will definitely be helping out with GM events as I have time. Maybe once we have a Guide or 2 I'll have more time. Honestly, most of my time online the past few days has been devoted to doing basic GM work instead of dev.

Admin Cylex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by atrayas Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Instead of traditional GM events you could script random events around the world, I high traffic areas.

The way these would work is a player runs in the proximity of an invisible trigger and the event begins, it can be randomized to were its a percentage chance that it actually gets triggered, and has a delay each time someone runs near the trigger so it cant be abused.

So in essence you would have custom events, with custom loot, and once scripted and tested you wouldn't have to worry about doing it manually.

Ive seen this done on a small scale before on another server and it was quite interesting, especially when you were the first one to find it.

Ideas for locations and bosses:

Outside Kael wakening Lands side - Beefed up Version of King Tormax with custom scripts.
Outside ToV - Beefed up version of Vulak'Aerr with custom scripts.
Outside Solb - Beefed up Lord Nagefen with custom scripts.

You get the picture =D

atrayas

Back to top Go down

Post by Gream Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:49 am

What a bout a headhunt, Like for the 2.0 epic, but in various zones that no one go to. Kill boss, get gear from boss.
At the end you receive a title and a piece of gear?

Gream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum