Solo Server by Karsa Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need help in coldain ring9# task

4 posters

Go down

need help in coldain ring9# task Empty need help in coldain ring9# task

Post by herbst Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:11 pm

dont know if its a bug so i posted here.
att
i spawn the doldigun steinwielder in kael iceshard's room. i cleared the room then gave him the "letter to doldigun",he disappeared without return me the ring of council,then 3 giants poped ,i killed em ,but the doldigun didn't respawn.
Was there anything wrong i have done? or its a bug?
btw:anychance may i get the letter back plz ? its a long run to redo the tainted ale.
Char name: Herbst lvl70 bard

herbst

Back to top Go down

need help in coldain ring9# task Empty Re: need help in coldain ring9# task

Post by Admin Karsa Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:04 pm

The script is working fine. Several players have completed this portion with no problem and I just tested it and it worked perfectly.

Of course he disappears without giving you the ring of council, that is how the quest works. He despawns and the giants spawn. Once all of the giants in the script are dead Doldigun respawns, just outside that room, comes in through the door on right side, walks past the throne and then down into center of room where he stops and waits. If you do not engage him quickly, he despawns. His head and the ring are loot drops on him after you kill him.

I am however a very nice guy and will give you the letter back if I see you in game. I am not going to root around in the inventory table to do it though.

Admin Karsa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbst Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:36 am

thanks ~~~

herbst

Back to top Go down

Post by petwaitress Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:49 am

I had about 10 Doldiguns spawn lol is this normal did I do something wrong? I went by the script on Ala's but Several of the zekkin giants also spwned they of course kicked my butt and I'll have to do the tainted ale over also. I only repeated the script twice lol but they multiplied

petwaitress

Back to top Go down

Post by Gepo Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:52 pm

That's been happening a lot lately since server got updated to bots there nice to have but seems they screwed alotta stuff up

Gepo

Back to top Go down

Post by petwaitress Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:55 pm

taken from ala's not sure if the script has been changed since 2009

1: clear the throne room
2: stand on throne, say the line "the Dain shall be slain for the peace we must obtain."
3: give him letter get a ring in return
4: attack him. he the despawns
5: Now prepare for a lengthy kungfu-tower style match where you fight a bunch of giants. Dont worry. Just keep killing them until the dwarf re appears and runs for the steps.

petwaitress

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Karsa Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:14 pm

It doesn't have anything to do with bots.

Recently I recompiled the server executables with the latest code PEQ is using. Unfortunately they are making changes. One of these changes is a change to using lua over perl. To support this they have changed how some of the script events perform. This one that has caused the most problems is a change in how the EVENT_DEATH works. It now triggers before the npc actually dies. And from our experience here it triggers multiple times. Because of this change I have had to change scripts that spawn npcs or trigger events using the EVENT_DEATH to EVENT_DEATH_COMPLETE. I am getting them as I find them. I thought I had already done Doldigun, but I must have missed changing the giants DEATH events.

Admin Karsa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petwaitress Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:31 pm

well I just finished the event sucessfully but there were still 2-3 Doldiguns spawned nonaggro in the middle of the room lol

petwaitress

Back to top Go down

Post by petwaitress Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:24 pm

well I just gave the dain the box and ring and he hands me a dirk(???) and the ring. I gave the dirk back like he said and nothing happened /cry.....

the toon doing the turn in is named Tenane.. *sniff so close

petwaitress

Back to top Go down

Post by petwaitress Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:42 pm

frak nmd lol warmly /slinks off to kill Tormax again

petwaitress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down