Solo Server by Karsa Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion

4 posters

Go down

Suggestion Empty Suggestion

Post by Carbide Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Love the Server guys, and I Appreciate the hard work you are putting into it, just wanted to throw out some suggestions, playing through kael the first time , love the new zone, Could really use some help on Agro, Have Warrior with the New Blade of Carnage and Swiftblade of Zek, My cleric basically tanks everything til it dies, It seems my warrior ends up with the least amount of agro and is typically the last one alive. Secondly, Gear is only slightly better, your getting about 10-30 hp upgrades 5-15 ac, and some of the add on stats, for being the first group associated mobs i figured gear would have been beefed slightly more for how hard they are, And yes they are hard, Fighting any of the Named can be a toss up on life or death, one second your at 60% next your zoning. Anyway just a thought, thanks for your time.

Carbide

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Empty Re: Suggestion

Post by Admin Ivar Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:11 am

Hey carbide, thanks for posting, with the server being only a few weeks old everything is relative at this point. The clickies and focus's are the real upgrades in kael drakkel and the other stat increases to resists/ac/hp/end/mana are just gravy. We tried to keep it a bit under Omens of War as to not make our level cap of 70 and gear to be found there useless. Kael is a filler zone redone completely in just over a week, for what it is, it's amazing. Adds will now despawn 15 minutes after a failed encounter on named so that will help. You will be able to do a fair amount of Omens of War without any gear from kael so it's really an optional zone at this point. The click effects are worth ti though.

Admin Ivar
Admin

https://asoloserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by teaselbonne Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:15 am

Something I would like to point out gear wise. Specifically with the kael plate quest gear, is that there are 3 pieces with defense skill mod. The arms, boots, and the gauntlets. As far as I know these do not stack, so I suggest changing the boots and arms to have dodge and riposte skill mods respectively as the greaves have the parry skill mod.

teaselbonne

Back to top Go down

Post by Carbide Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:58 am

Just wonder Ivar why AoW items that are normally tradeable were made no trade, anyway we can get a heads up when changes like this are made?

Carbide

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Ivar Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:00 pm

GM's should post in changlelog with any changes, and items aren't no drop because they aren't original blades of war, they are beefed up and crazy powerful. Not really looking to make a trading economy or allow people to twink out every alt imaginable. If the server is overwhelmingly in favor of more lore/drop items we'll discuss it =) In regards to teasels point I will test that today and see if they do stack or not. Thanks for posting you two!!

Admin Ivar
Admin

https://asoloserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Karsa Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:01 pm

Just a quick input. Kael was never intended for solo or duo's. This is a zone intended as an option for people who enjoy grouping or boxing an entire group. But because this is a solo centric server it would not be fair if Kael had OoW gear. This is why the gear is a mid point between GoD and Omens.

Blade of Carnage will be updated with an aggro proc, Swift Blade will be left as is. It has a proc that can hit for upwards of 2k on crits. Spell aggro has been reduced slightly so cleric heals should not immediately grab all aggro. Keep in mind though, aggro control is part of the game, I am not just going to eliminate the need.

Effect stacking for defense and all effects for that matter is enabled, however, I will be modifying the gear sets to balance the beneficial effects. Thanks for pointing this out.

We have made the content so trivial in many cases that people are constantly wanting more content and this leads to us putting out content that isn't fully vetted. Tuning, editing loot and modifying loot tables for 513 npcs wasn't a simple task, and we did it in less than a week, so expect errors.

Most folks have taken the errors in stride, but some have been downright petty and nasty about it. Thanks to those who have been cool about it, but OoW and level advancement will not be released until we can fully test it.

Admin Karsa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down